Aims of the Event/ Learning Outcomes
• Consider the evidence base and root causes of suicide and self-harm amongst prisoners – explore national trends in prisons and communities
• Review changes in prison policy and procedures to promote safer custody and reduce risk
• Share best practice interventions to improve the safety of men and women in custody
• Consider Leadership management and principle of good partnership working to promote safe care and ensure the wellbeing of staff involved in serious incidents of suicide and self-harm
• Discuss ways to improve the safety of vulnerable prisoners who move between custody and community
• Ensure a shared understanding of the national strategy for suicide prevention and its relationship to health and justice in order to achieve strategic goals
This conference counts as a whole day CPD event towards GP and Nurse Revalidation.