Safer Care in Prisons Conference 2019 (FREE ENTRY)
Pan Northern Safer Care in Prisons Conference 2019 – NHSE, HMPPS and PHE working together to achieve safer prisons
TARGET AUDIENCE: Prison Governors, safer custody leads, persons with lived experience, health and social care managers, clinicians, prison officers, academics working in or with an interest in secure environments
Date: March 7th 2019 from 10:00 – 16:30
Venue: The Studio, Leeds, LS1 4AW
The Pan Northern Safer Care Prisons Conference takes place on 7th March 2019. This is an opportunity for prison officers, governors and healthcare professionals to look at improvements on working together to promote the safe care of men and women in custody.
This free event, the first of its kind brings together academics and researchers with providers, clinicians, NHSE, Public Health England and Her Majesty’s Prisons Service to consider the evidence base and best practice in tackling suicide and self-harm in secure settings.
Aims of the Event/ Learning Outcomes
• Consider the evidence base and root causes of suicide and self-harm amongst prisoners – explore national trends in prisons and communities
• Review changes in prison policy and procedures to promote safer custody and reduce risk
• Share best practice interventions to improve the safety of men and women in custody
• Consider Leadership management and principle of good partnership working to promote safe care and ensure the wellbeing of staff involved in serious incidents of suicide and self-harm
• Discuss ways to improve the safety of vulnerable prisoners who move between custody and community
• Ensure a shared understanding of the national strategy for suicide prevention and its relationship to health and justice in order to achieve strategic goals
This conference counts as a whole day CPD event towards GP and Nurse Revalidation.
WHAT TO EXPECT
– Key note presentations from experts
– Opportunity to share best practice through table top discussions and plenaries
– Range of Parallel workshops
– Lived experience
– Question and answer sessions
– Pre-conference information and web links
– Summary feedback after the meeting
You can book a space through our online booking system here>>> Entry is free on a first come first served basis.